* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Back in the Saddle

The summer rush is already in full swing, and I am NO-WHERE/NO-HOW near ready for it!
After returning from his annual month-long vacation with his wife to America's Southwest, our electrician/solar guy started again on Sunday. Then, the roofers started on the garage roof on Monday. We were going to shingle the roof ourselves, but his price and the quality of his work are so amazingly fantastic that it was worth way more to have him do it rather than "waste" our time doing perhaps a sub-par (well, definitely, compared to his work) job on it.
Yesterday morning my trusty side-kick dog and I jumped in the ol' pickup (traded out for the summer now that the Suburban plowtruck has been parked) and headed in to town to be at the lumber yard when they opened at 7:00. The amount of testosterone there early in the morning when all the contractors are loading up for their days on the job was almost too much for this NON-early riser to handle! ;) But, one of the strong, strapping lads got me loaded with all the extra materials the roofers needed, and Maisy and I were off again for the 1 hour drive up to the property. A quick unload and check-in with the roofing crew and we were back on the road - rushing home to change clothes and vehicles - and then head down to Duluth for the day. I had to cancel my 12:00 appointment due to the longer-than-expected trip to the lumber yard, but I had a profitable trip and rolled back in around 10:30 last night.
This morning, conference calls with our realtor about the cabin in southwest MN have dominated the day - we have 2 potential buyers already, and the for-sale sign just went up last Friday! Now, if only our little house here has such luck!
I'm being pulled in too many directions: the house here is wallowing in unbelievable grime and dirty dishes, but it's a gorgeous day (already 54 degrees at 10:40) and so work at the property climbs to the top of the priority list. I'm off! (But no more than usual, yuk, yuk, yuk!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!