* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne




29 March 2006: We should have known that last Wednesday was going to be a hard day (the day Tom fell off the ladder) when it started like this. With the melting snow, I'd noticed umpteen nails, etc. in the mud in front of the house from all the construction. So, I wisely cautioned Tom to not drive down there until the water and mud dried up and we had a chance to go around with the magnet to pick up the nails, screws, tacks, etc. So, arriving that morning, I drove - as usual - up to the trapper cabin (a safe place) to park. I get out and hear, "Ssssss." I look at Tom, worried. He says that it's just moisture on the hot engine. I unload the car. I still hear, "Sssssss!" There, clear as day, is a big ol' electrician's tack in one of my front tires - both nails of it stuck in. Oy vey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!