* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne




2 April 2006: On April 2nd, only 5 days after discovering the (intact) dead moose, I was greeted by the lower jawbone sitting in the middle of the road. As I stopped to pick it up it dawned on me that some work had probably been done on the moose! So, I walked over the ditch, and there was NOTHING LEFT BUT BONES! How quickly Nature's animals take care of things! Only 5 days! The heavy skin (weighing at least 100 lbs.) had been dragged away by wolves (Tom saw their prints), and the bones had been gnawed and picked clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!