* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Happy Valentine's Day!

Hi! I have to go red today since it is a day for sweethearts! My sweetheart shocked the heck out of me by surprising me with a hand-made valentine that he'd cut and whittled while at the property this weekend - sitting in the sun on the porch of his trapper cabin watching the birds at the feeder. It means even more to me since it was made up there!

Each year he prattles on about how Valentine's Day is a Hallmark holiday invented to make a profit, and I expect that the day will come and go with nothing much more than an extra hug and 'I love you' . . . and then each year he makes me a valentine by hand! I, meanwhile, have been completely bested since I didn't get him a thing! Doh! One of these year I'll learn . . . !
But, back to the snowmobilers of yesterday. So, I was washing dishes and heard a couple go by. "That's odd," I thought. Then, I heard quite a ruckus down near the end of our property, and Maisy started going nuts. We have a trail there that connects our little road with the highway. When we moved in, years ago, we put up chains across both the top and bottom with signs that read 'Private Property. NO motorized traffic.' So, what do you think these snowmobilers were doing? Yep, going through the trail. By the time I had my coat and boots on and was out there, they were gone. I expected the sign and chains to be ripped down, but, MUCH to my surprise, they had taken the time to LIFT the sign (hanging on the chain) and drive underneath it! That was the good news. The bad news is that they still trespassed - rather boldly, I must say! Perhaps each of the three snowmobilers were illiterate and couldn't read. Maybe they thought it read 'Private Property. Come on in!' In Colorado there is a 'Make My Day Law' which allows land-owners to shoot anyone who trespasses on their property. Hmmmm, I think I like the way they think! ;)
Not much else to report. The chickens are starting to kick their production up again now that the days are getting longer and they have more light. The sun is getting to that wonderful point when it finally begins to carry some warmth with it again. Find a sheltered spot against a south-facing building, and it's a great place to sit, listen to the birds, and soak up the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!