* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Change My Ways?

Down here by the lake, the mercury dropped to a not-so-balmy -23 degrees last night. Since it's always milder down here vs. over the hill, it makes us wonder what it got down to up at the property! We're betting around 30 below. It's nice to have some real winter again, though. We hadn't had a cold snap yet this year, so it's good to see that Global Warming hasn't yet completely prevailed over Mother Nature.
And, when Maisy and I walked the mile up to the post office around noon, it was nice to see that no one had been slowed down by the weather. Although, one woman did admit to leaving her dog at home for their daily walk to get the mail due to the cold.
Tom arrived home last night after a week away for work. And, he brought presents! One of his employees who lives in a historically and antique-rich town in southwestern Minnesota gifted us with an old, large outdoor lantern and . . . drumroll, please . . . an antique wooden egg crate! It holds something like 12 dozen eggs and is very neat. I've already got a mental spot picked out for it in the new kitchen with the lid ajar and faux eggs nestled inside!
So, the question of the day is, should I change my ways? Here is what prompted the query. All within the last few days (and in this order), I have gotten the following comments. 1. "What are you doing in town?! I thought you'd already filled your quota of once-a-month." 2. (When dressed to go out last Sunday night with friends.) "Look at you! You look like a girl! No Carhartts!" And, at the Co-op this week: 3. "Weslie, in town two days in a row?!"
So, yes, I will admit it: I could happily stay ensconced in the woods for a week or two at a time. Maybe more (as long as I got out once in a while to get my hair and nails done)! And, now that I'm working in town two days a week, it's really throwing people for a loop! But, change my reclusive ways and spend more time out in "the real world?" No way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!