* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne




A celebrity in our midst! My favorite uncle on my dad's side of the family was recently celebrated as Citizen of the Year during the Chamber's 100 year anniversary. The outgoing chamber president said, "He is a man with a heart of gold, and he steps up to the plate whenever called upon." Also, he called my cousin, Daughter of Citizen of the Year, and surprised my uncle with these words at the public ceremony: "he was the best dad I could ever have hoped to have, and I hope when my daughter grows up she will marry someone like her grandpa." Well said! Here he is with his daughter and son-in-law. (Anyone want to weigh in about the physical similarities between my uncle and dad?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!