* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Steady As She Goes . . . .

Chicken Mama's my name, and sanding's my game. Yep, I'm still sanding, sanding, sanding. By the time I'm done I'll either not be able to move my right arm and shoulder at all or they'll be so built up that I'll be able to shotput a bowling ball!
In the last couple of days Tom got the battery room nearly all insulated and sheathed. And, after 2 or 3 days of tearing-his-hair-out aggravation (oh, wait, he already shaves his head) working on the LP furnace for the battery room, we finally got it going tonight. You would have thought that for a brand-new unit we wouldn't have had so many troubles! (However, it did sit in the back boathouse for the last 3 or 4 years. That might have had something to do with things.)
The most exciting progress has been the first batches of shiplap that have gone up on the ceiling of the year-round porch! It looks terrific! Next is the kitchen, then the main body of the house.
The panels are arriving on the 17th, and the crane will come on Monday, the 21st. The installation crew will use the 17th and 18th for prep, and then we'll hit it on Monday. Cross your fingers for good weather!
My latest theory regarding building a new home is that it must be much cheaper to buy one already built! Of course, when we're done we'll have a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork that we've designed ourselves down to the last light switchplates . . . but, man, is it expensive! Wow and OUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!