* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Happy (Belated) Thanksgiving!

Well, Thanksgiving has already come and gone, and I didn't get our good wishes out to all of you. I hope each and every one of you had - simply put - a really good day!

We went to my folks' for the Thanksgiving meal. It was different this year both in part because Mom (due to our extraordinary busyness this year) was making it all and so the rest of us weren't involved in the menu - and, in part, because we all wanted it to be easi(er) for her since she was doing it all herself (due to, again, that above mentioned extraordinary busyness). So, we had ham instead of turkey, and the only "traditional" part of the meal was the pumpkin pie. Dad and I, fans of turkey and traditional foods, still voted for the "regular" Turkey Day meal (even though this one was lovely and quickly gobbled up). My husband and mother voted 'thumbs-up' on this year's unusual meal because the former would eat ham every day of the week if given the chance, and the latter likes to change things up. ("Every-year-it's-the-same-thing" complaints are often heard coming from her direction!)
Yesterday Tom was going to head down to visit his dad for a belated Thanksgiving visit, but the impending weather (freezing rain predicted for the southern part of the state), basic exhaustion, and the need to prep for more panel work on the house kept him home. I'm so glad of that decision as he wasn't in any shape to make that long drive right now.
I spent the day after Thanksgiving - the busiest shopping day of the year, thank you very much - in Duluth shopping for bridesmaids' dresses with my oldest friend and her sister. She is getting hitched in the spring, and this was the only opportunity (so she said, ah-hem!) for all of us to get together for this little task. But, in truth, the day wasn't NEARLY as bad (busy with shoppers) as I'd expected - just a long, exhausting one. We ended up with a couple of doable options, though - after wading through some truly hideous numbers. Oy vey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!