* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Bleak November

The song goes 'in the bleak mid-winter', but I've always thought November the bleakest month. Between leaves and snow - when it's nothing but cold - is the most "boring" costume Mother Nature wears all year. All the same, I started my monthly/seasonal "photo" essay today. You can check it out at www.swampriverridgeseasons.blogspot.com.

About 15 minutes after sunset tonight, when Tom and I were moving the hand-made carriage-style garage doors (which are supposed to be installed tomorrow), we heard wolves howling very far off. At first, we weren't sure we heard right, but Maisy definitely had her hackles up. We put down our work and climbed the stairs to the top of the house where Tom howled out an invitation (he's multi-talented!). And, sure enough, they answered! By that time, Maisy had a "yeah, whatever" look about her, but we two humans sure loved it, and we can't wait for more such encounters! Now if the moose would only show interest in the two salt licks we've put out in front of the trapper cabin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!