* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



All Hallow's Eve

Halloween has come and gone this year without so much as a 'boo!' for us. Seems we've been just a bit too tied up with other things this year to notice - imagine that. Usually we get a handfull of trick-or-treaters, but this year we closed the gates and turned off the outside lights, and that was that.

Tom had a full day with work; a trip up to the property to load into the pickup all the worn, filthy, and soaking wet carpet we'd collected; and an errands run to town. (He returned with a new appreciation for why it takes me so long to do "town running".) And, as far as the 936 square feet or so of carpet, seems it served its duty protecting our floors during the majority of the construction. All that was left was a wet, sloppy mess. Next stop: the dump!
Meanwhile, I kept myself all too busy pouring over the designer's blueprints for the SIPs. Once he had my drawings he had to convert them to actual blueprints and then send them back for the official okay before their factory turns them out. I did find a couple of mistakes and came up with more than a few questions. Tomorrow I'll turn it around, and our tentative date set for delivery and installation of them (read, a house completely insulated and enclosed except for windows and doors!) is November 17th. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

And, a very happy 47th to our favorite Big View Flyboy tomorrow, November 1st. I thought it would be fitting if I could find some incriminating photo of him from our annual Halloween pub parties, but he always seems to come up with an excuse to miss that particular party each year! I wonder why that is . . . ? HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GORGEOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!