* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Oops!

That last photo description was a very neglected cat's contribution to the blog. I think I can better explain the picture, though.
Last Saturday was also the 6 year anniversary of us purchasing Hastings-on-the-Lake. In so many ways (every way?) it seems so much longer than just six years that we've had this place. And now, these few years later, we're building and moving into our dream home. As any of you who are familiar with our house can see, we've made a few improvements to it over the years!
After we'd owned it a couple of years - and already made substantial improvements - good friends told us that they thought we should have (would have been better off if we had) thrown a few sticks of dynamite underneath it and started over. I was terribly offended - until I looked at these pictures shortly thereafter. Wow, but did we have some BIG rose-colored glasses on when we bought the place! But, I have to say, I think we have shown its potential - although it still has room for improvement . . . as we all do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!