* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Making Progress!

There are so many exciting things happening right now that I want to skip right to the present in my journaling, but then I suspect I'd confuse everyone - including myself! So, back to last Saturday . . . .
(Oh, but first: our wonderful friend who's a pilot buzzed us last Friday and took a terrific aerial shot of the place. But, do you think I can get it to post to the blog?! Grrrr. I'll keep trying, though.)
Our timberframe builder (artist, really!) had deemed Saturday as the day to cut the slab and then stain it. Tom and I drove about 75 miles at the crack of dawn (round-trip) to pick up the closest-rent-able floor buffer with which to apply the wax sealer/protector on Sunday. Unfortunately, by the time everyone arrived at the property and got set up, it was cool and raining and we figured the day a wash - no pun intended (not to mention that it was soon going to be - once again - pouring rain into the garage). But, never (never!) one to be daunted by a little yucky weather, our timberframer went on like it was a sunny summer day.
Tom and the timberframe Second-In-Command set to work re-tarping the unfinished garage, and I began helping our timberframer turned mason / "fake" tiler. As he crawled through the now 1" of cold standing water (on an even colder cement slab) with his fashioned-together straight-edge guide and diamond-blade saw, I followed behind, keeping the extension cord both out of his way and out of the water where it connected to the saw. The joke of the day was, "We can't get electrocuted - it's only a generator!" (Not true - electricity is electricity.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!