* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Saturday

Yesterday brought more blue skies and hot weather. I swear, there's no happy medium: either it's raining cats and dogs and you can't get any work done outside or it's hot and getting dryer every day with the dust clouds building!

The crew spent most of the day hauling sand out of our ever-deepening pond (precisely because it IS such a good source of free sand) with which to create and pack the house pad and garage pad. Tom ran into town in the morning for a big load of lumber, concrete tube forms, and 1500 lbs. of Quikcrete with which to pour the footings for the solar panels bunk. Unfortunately, after that, he spent a good portion of the day changing the rusted-on flat tire on his truck. But, thank heavens, it didn't go flat until he was "home" to the property!

I got a few things done here at home and then headed up, seeing another - larger - bear along the roadside. They sure are pretty and healthy looking this time of year - so shiny!

Tom and I staked out and squared up the 24' x 28' perimeter for the garage pad. Then, I was actually able to make it home earlier than dark to get a few things done! It's been so dry that my completely-ignored flower beds were practically wilting, and I had some chicken chores that I'd been putting off for a few days. You know, the usual catch-up stuff. Now, just to do the dishes, finish the ironing, stock the refrig, clean the house, blah, blah, blah!!!

Tom stayed up at the property another night as one of the fires was smoking YET AGAIN! But, better safe than sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!