* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Friday, the 24th

Friday was a big hauling day with lots of rock being both dumped and precisely placed to form retaining walls where the house pad drops too steeply into the river valley.

Tom set to work digging the holes in which we'll pour concrete into tubes to form the base for the bunk that the 16 solar panels will sit on. Meanwhile, I got a lot of organizing done with my General Contractor files and then attacked the cabinet and cupboard placement in the kitchen. (Which I have to have done to finalize the window sizes and placement which, in turn, I have to have done in order to finalize the SIPs - Structural Insulated Panels - we soon need to order!) Whew.

We were working with Wiry Guy that day, and he suggested the need for a large "sitting rock" at the edge of the house site on which to sit and overlook the valley and river below. So, he loaded me up into the big, ol' dumptruck, and away we went to pick one out. Well, you know me: we came home with 4 huge boulders - each one bigger than the rest. Tom had followed in the pickup, and he picked out his "sitting rock" while I picked out three rocks to form a bit of landscaping along the southeast side of the house site. Somehow, we don't think all contractors do this for their clients! :)

Friday night we met with the cement guy and our builder out at the property to make sure that we were all on the same proverbial page for what needs to be done. And, the best news of all is that he (the cement guy) is going to start the week of the 4th! So, yet another puzzle piece falling into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!