* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



46 Degrees and Mild.

It was a GORGEOUS day today! Temps neared 70 degrees away from the lake, and the sun shone bright against a blue sky all day long. Trying to learn from my shrink's wise words and admonishments, I took some time to "be in the moment" (a.k.a. "take time for myself") and headed up to the property around mid-day. On the way I saw a young moose quick-step down a seasonal friend's dandelion-filled driveway. Then, not 1/2 a mile from our place the first little yearling bear of the season (for me) scuttled into the woods. Seems like everyone was out enjoying the first fabulous day in ages! I luxuriated with a nap in the hammock under the birch and cedar trees when I got to Swamp River Ridge. A nice walk down to the river for a refreshing dip for Maisy followed. Then, all too soon, it was time to head back home to face the mess I'd left behind . . . but I was ready for it this time. A little sun on my face, listening to the birds and the breeze through the white pines and Maisy scuffling through the brush . . . with not the slightest hint of people or engines or a single man-made noise . . . what could be better? Of course, maybe I needed that treat to get through the first of (hopefully not too) many setbacks we'll encounter in these next few months: the carpenter we'd been counting on to frame our garage is no longer carpenter-ing. Aaaaaack!  Plan B, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!